The Coffee, Tea, Cocoa, Global Industry Expo (COTECA) exhibition in 2016 is set in Hamburg. ITPC Hamburg has been participating for the fourth time, the first in 2010, the second in 2012 and the third in 2014. For the 2016 exhibition, ITPC Hamburg collaborated together with the National Agency for Export Development under the Ministry of Trade Republic of Indonesia, the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Berlin (KBRI) and the Consulate General of Indonesia in Hamburg (KJRI) to build a pavilion (90 m2) with a special construction and theme (“Trade With Remarkable Indonesia” and “Remarkable Indonesian Coffee”). The Consul of the Consulate General of Indonesia in Hamburg officially announced the opening of the Indonesian pavilion. The following are the representatives of the Indonesian coffee, tea and cocoa businesses participating in COTECA 2016;
- Shriya Artha Nusantara (coffee, tea, spices, fruit),
- Infinity Surya Jaya (specialty coffee; cocoa and cocoa products; coconut),
- Kampung Kearifan Indonesia – JAVARA (cocoa bean, herbal tea),
- House of Indonesia-Bremen (coffee, tea, cocoa),
- Bibit Arsa Pertama (green bean and roasted coffee, tea, cocoa),
- Bukit Sari (organic tea, spices),
- Sumatera Toba Wangi (tea),
- Solo Coffee Indonesia (ground black coffee, coffee bean),
- PT. Harendong Green Farm (certified organic premium quality tea, green tea, oolong
- Tiga Satria Perkasa (specialty coffee, specialty tea, cocoa bean),
- Global Sumatera Lestari (specialty coffee) and
- Java Frinsa Agrolestari (green bean coffee, coffee).
The products displayed at the Indonesian pavilion include, but not limited to: Kopi Kintamani Bali, Kopi Arabica Java Ijen Raung, Arabica Gayo, Arabica Flores Bajawa, Arabica Toraja, Arabica Java Preanger, Robusta Lampung, Arabica Kalosi Enrekang, and Arabica Sumatera Simalungun.
Synergizing conventional exhibition and digital promotion were the concept concocted by ITPC Hamburg this time around. The combination of “integrated motion sensing technology” using Kinect Sensors, videos, e-magazine, as well as printed magazine with Augmented Reality (which is supported by the app “Europe in Your Hand”) has been received positively by the visitors.
Around 3.600 total visitors (of which 1000 were visiting the Indonesian pavilion) and around 200 exhibitors from 40 different countries are present at the COTECA 2016. Estimated business transaction for the Indonesian pavilion amounts to about USD 5.45 millions.